Second problem with calibration routine.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dave Hylands, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I discovered another problem with the calibration routine.

Steps to reproduce:

1 - Perform a successful calibration
    2 - Once the calibration is finished, move the head from the front left "home" position into the middle of the bed using the arrow keys in the gui.
    3 - Power cycle the arduino (i.e. unplug the USB cable and replug it in).

Problem 1: calibration doesn't remember the Y directon. I have to recalibrate.

Problem 2: It thinks that the head is in the corner, and I can move the head towards the front, and to the right, but I can't move it towards the back or to the left of the original starting position. I have to recalibrate.
  2. Michael Reed

Michael Reed Staff Member

We have actually experienced this issue before and if I'm not mistaken it should be solved in the latest firmware which should automatically download when you run ArC but won't automatically download. Once we transition over to the proper GUI version (the current GUI is just something to take us over until the next version is complete) it should notify you when you run ArC and ask if you want to flash the new firmware. That being said, I have had issues with flashing firmware in the current revision of ArC so I'm not 100% certain it will work for you but definitely give it a try.

As for the home position problem where it believes that it's at the home position. At the moment, this is simply a known bug - the easiest way to deal with it would be for the firmware to home itself on boot-up, I've chatted with our software guy about it before but I'll raise a Github issue about it & make sure we come up with at least some better solution asap.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us it was bothering you - it's the best way to make sure we're focusing on the things that you guys want/want to fix.