(re)alignment and cartridge switching

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Erik de Bruijn, Jan 26, 2015.

1. I've spent half a day to align the printer and then switched to Ascorbic+ and found the alignment to be horrible.

I have a few question, hopefully each of them can be answered:
    1. How often does alignment need to be done? Is it specific to a cartridge? Or does it need to be done every time you re-insert the cartridge (even after cleaning nozzle clogs?)?
    2. Can the printing process be sped up? I've printed with a 12 nozzle inkjet nozzle before on an Ultimaker and I could print a lot faster. Perhaps firing this many nozzles takes longer. Printing a simple alignment pattern that will allow you select which alignment is best and use that for calibration.
    3. It seems like Ascorbic and Silver are mostly invisible unless they overlap, is that true? Is there a good way to tell when the Ascorbic pattern is seen left/right or above/below, or whether it's silver. This will speed up alignment.
  2. Tiny traces, very cool. Looking forward to it.
  3. Trent Waddington

Trent Waddington Staff Member

I just added some code that John tells me will completely eliminate the need for alignment. It should go into the 0.16.4 update.
  4. Hi Erik

As to item 3, correct, to see them better it has been said to heat the print afterward with a hair dryer or heat gun (hot air rework station).