RBG LED colors don't match

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Adam Pautsch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. When I set up my printer (Batch 002), I noticed that the left and right LED RGB colors didn't match. I used the red 255, green 255, blue 255 command line prompts to try different combinations. I discovered that the left light was fine, and the green channel on the right was fine, but the red and blue were reversed. To fix it, I just changed the order of the wires in the connector to Orange, Blue, Yellow, Green. Now it works fine. Not sure if I had a random bad wire, or if everyone else sees the same problem. In any case, it's an easy fix.
  2. Ariel

Ariel Staff Member

Hey Adam, thanks for telling us about that. We've had a couple of people report different things with the colours being messed up, but you did exactly the right thing - just swap the order of them inside the connector.

I oversaw the production of these cables, and made sure they were tested, but my testing procedure was only to make sure that each colour channel lit up, not ensure they were in the right order :oops: obviously we're going to test that from now on.

What seems to have happened is the silkscreen information on the LED strips themselves are just wrong. They say +12 R G B but that's a lie. What is the world coming to? :p