Alignment Wizard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave Hylands, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I just tried the alignment wizard, and thought I would report my results.

Here's a photo of what was printed:
    a-grid.jpg
    Ignore the vertical lines on the left (that was some output from a previous alignment).
    After printing the first set of horizontal lines, the head moved to the home position and then tried to print the remaining horizontal lines from the home position.

This was the output on the ARC console:
    Code:
    p a-grid.hex
    +Printing 'a-grid.hex'
    +readFile(a-grid.hex)
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    /Y lim
    +Returning to 0.000, 0.000
    -X axis given incremental move below 0.000 (-207)
    -X axis given incremental move below 0.000 (-100)
    -X axis given incremental move below 0.000 (-206)
    -X axis given incremental move below 0.000 (-206)
    Stopping.

+x: 0 y: 2533
    +Print complete. Enjoy your circuit!
    S{/CODE]
    and I attached a zip file with the a-grid.hex file that was generated by running the Alignment wizard.

Attached Files:

2. Rob

Rob Chief Problem Wrangler Staff Member

Hey Dave
    I just ran your hex and got the same problem. Looks like it's to do with the newline character in windows vs mac. All of our software is developed on mac and ported across to windows so sometimes the quirks make it through... I'm working on a new version now.

From the picture you attached it looks like the cartridges may not be fully cleaned and primed. Head over to Cartridge Care for more info if needed.

I've also attached an alignment hex from the mac wizard to keep things flowing in the mean time.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

3. I got the alignment wizard to print. I cleaned the heads. I see that some of liquid seems to crystallize or something even after just a couple hours.
    Alignment-Wizard.jpg
    Some suggestions:
    1 - It would be good to print the vertical lines above the horizontal ones.
    2 - It would be good to have the head move to the back right after a print (this would be useful after any print)
    3 - It would be good if you could enter the center value and a delta in the Alignment Wizard
    By default, it would pick the center as 0 and 726 with a delta of 5, thus giving: center + 2d, center + d, center, center - d, center - 2d
    After printing the first time, you could then print a second alignment with the best V and H and a delta of 1 or 2
  4. Is this still the best way to check printheads or has this been superseded by another method?
  5. Ariel

Ariel Staff Member

We've updates the software so that the ascorbic 'image' is printed wider than the silver image. This means that alignment is not as crucial any more.

Updated documentation on the topic to come.